February 2, 2011

Broken Nut | That's Gotta Hurt ... ?

My husband broke a nut.

Oh, it's sooo not what you think.

My hubby was a very sad guy last week when he returned from his latest business excursion ... the nut on his favourite guitar broke while he was changing the strings. Luckily he was able to get it into the music shop on the weekend and they had it fixed today, so off he goes into Snomageddon 2011 to the shop to fetch it. He calls into work as a snow day, but will risk life, limb and automobile for that?!

Anyway, now he has a brand new nut and he's just strumming away in his own little corner.
Day 4 - Hot Summer Nights

What the heck is a nut? Well, I asked the same thing ... and trust me, my mind was in the gutter too at the time ... but apparently it's the little piece on the neck of the guitar that holds the strings in place. Well, don't you learn new things every day! Some are plastic, some are bone - yes, same naughty thoughts there too.

That being said ... well, he's now occupied - so I have time on my hands to scroll through my archives again and find even more updates for my 30 Favourites in 30 Days. Might even get a blog or two written! Who says blizzards can be productive?

Oh, and Happy Groundhog Day

A big THANK YOU to my special friends for all your great comments. I’m really flattered that you are enjoying these little updates and the walk down memory lane with me.

And … sorry … but I promised that all this time spent on my blogs, tweets and face booking would be about that crazy little thing called “self-promotion.“ So please don't forget to check out my website guys!

Andee
xoxo

No comments: