January 18, 2011

Sex | Location, Location, Location

Lately my husband has started joking with me saying that perhaps instead of a "honey do" list, we needed a "do honey" list. I don't know about you, but I'm all for it…

Today, I was looking for a little inspiration along those lines and found an interesting little article about putting some excitement back into the moment by getting out of the bedroom and usual routine and doing it elsewhere. As you have come to know about me, I'm all for that kind of action, so I did start a little list for myself.

The article, citing a sex expert (Where does one apply for that position?), says couples might want to "try off-beat sex destinations and convert them into sensuous love dens." Well, I got all excited thinking I was going to read about some fantastic off-beat destinations to give my libido a good workout and take my mind off the reality of winter ... until I found out that it was just about having more sex around the house:

"Talking of sex variations, a place can influence a couples' pleasure quotient. Any place outside the stereotypical bedroom will help couples keep alive their sexual fire. The reason why they find hotel rooms more appealing than their bedrooms is for because it's a new pleasure playground that takes their mind away from mundane domesticity and adds a zing of excitement. So, if they pay a little attention and experiment with the decor of certain places within their own homes, they can perform wonders in their sex life."

It got me thinking about how this could have been a little more intriguing if the writer gave some thought to taking sex to an even higher level of excitement. By nature, I think we're all exhibitionists in our little way. So why not put a hint of risk into the act and create new pleasure with a story behind it. Getting it on in the garage just doesn't seem crazy to me - unless you're doing it with the door open for the neighbours to see! LOL

Maybe I just need new wallpaper?

Someone once asked me where the craziest place was I had sex. Well, I can't say I've done it swinging from the chandeliers at Caesar's Palace or anything, but there is one place that still stands out in my mind as exciting for me. After my husband and I went to a "lifestyle club" for the very first time, we pulled over beside a cornfield on the way home because I was so horny I just had to get some. So, there we were on the side of the road, I had my hands on the back of the car, my minidress hiked up to my waist and loving every minute of it.

I was kind of sad when it rained a few days later and washed my handprints from the windshield ...

When I first mentioned this idea for today’s entry, I made mention that I don’t have any really wild and crazy location stories to speak of. Of course, today has been so freakin’ cold I’m sure any body fluids would freeze immediately should you try for a little outdoor excitement. It just makes me even more desperate for a tropical getaway…

My husband starting talking about how cool it would be to take a “sex vacation.” Not a break from doing it, but an actual trip to somewhere with the sole purpose of getting it on. I have to admit I am intrigued by the idea. I wonder if there are actual travel companies that specialize in something like this for couples.

And yes, I am well aware of the Hedonism resorts in Jamaica … but having sex at a swingers’ resort isn’t exactly an extraordinary experience. It seems from the many brochures I’ve seen, the whole idea for the resort is sex … and more sex … and maybe sex with some new.

I’m talking about exotic escapes to tree-top cabanas or intimate ocean-side huts … stuff like that.

Anyway, I'd loved to hear some of your kinky, exciting, unusual, etc. places ... might give me a good idea for some future exploration!
Andee
xoxo

No comments: