December 31, 2012

No Resolutions

On average, almost two-thirds of us will be making some sort of New Year’s resolutions tonight. Whether they are health related – such as losing weight or quitting smoking – or just simple lifestyle changes – such as planning ahead, quit procrastinating – somehow we will vow to improve ourselves.
 
Heck, according to the headlines this morning, we can even download apps that will help us achieve those resolutions this year.

I was reading another blog this morning while I was having my morning coffee before work, and the writer described resolutions as vows of guilt; promises to ourselves to erase the errors we have made the previous year. While I tend not to make lofty resolutions, I prefer to look upon them simple goals.

And, like many of you, those goals are rather vanilla. But, I also know you want to know if I make any resolutions around my sex life. And, as much as I would love to take you through a wild amusement park of debauchery with Andee, the truth is that I don’t make firm promises when it comes to sex. Instead, I usually take a few moments to myself and reflect on where I have come from over the past year and where my adventure might take me.

I’m a firm believer in the mantra of “if it is meant to be, it will be.” This past year I was able to fulfill some amazing fantasies and become even more in touch with my own sexuality and sensuality. I found even more personal joy and excitement in playing the role of sexy temptress both at home and at work – although, still maintaining a healthy dose of political/HR correctness as not to go too far over the edge.

But even those opportunities came about after years of working towards the kind of relationship – and personal self-confidence – that I now have. They didn’t just pop up because I vowed on January 1, 2012 that these things would happen come hell or high water. Which is why, for me, resolutions almost seem constraining … that if you don’t achieve them within the 12 months given each calendar year you will somehow be considered a failure.

So, what will happen for me in 2013? All I can resolve to say is that, no matter what the days and months bring, the adventure will continue.
Andee     xoxo

No comments: