October 16, 2012

TMI Tuesday | Can We Be Friends

I know, I know ... I promised that I would actually be creating some new blog updates for you. I think I have some cool ideas to work through, so hopefully in no time I will be past my little spot of blogger's block.

So, as we round the week to another Tuesday, my "go to" blog update revolves around sharing far too much information about myself with you. Well, actually, it's not usually too much information when it comes to my naughty thoughts. Apparently most of you can't get enough of that kind of stuff!

Thank you to Erotic Adventures in Brisneyland for the theme of this week’s TMI Tuesday.

1. Have you ever had a friendship with a someone where you secretly (or not so secretly) desired them?
Absolutely ... and it's going on right now. The amusing part of it all is that I'm rarely very subtle about my lust, but only because it is an awful lot of fun to tease, torment and flirt with that object of my attention. It's not very often that we get to see grown men squirm uncomfortably these days - especially when the teasing and flirting is exactly what they want, but the fear within is the moral torment they have to deal with. At least in my case, anyway.

2. Are you prone to jealousy, suspicion or insecurity when your partner spends time with an attractive close friend without you? Why?
I'm not, but I know that my husband has a small streak of jealousy that occasionally rears its ugly head. I think that jealousy is a waste of energy and effort, but at the same time, try to be relatively patient and reassuring. To a certain degree, it is a natural part of a relationship when the boundaries are pushed; not that it is healthy. Some people struggle with internal issues and find that blind trust can be a challenge. But jealousy is generally rooted in myth ... at least in my experience. But sometimes truth ... especially when honesty isn't always at the forefront.

3. Has a previously platonic friendship ever bloomed into a sexual relationship?
No, but some of my sexual relationships have turned into platonic relationships ... particularly those that occurred during my husband and I's little exploration of the swinging lifestyle.

4. Have you ever remained close friends with an ex-lover?
Not with anyone from my pre-marriage monogamous relationships. No matter how you look at it, sometimes there is just no way that you can let that much water flow under the bridge.

Bonus: Have you ever developed feelings for a “friend with benefits”? How did it develop, unfold, resolve?
Hmm...well, the whole "friend with benefits" situation is still relatively new and elusive for me. To a certain degree, there really is only one that fits into that category right now and the relationship is somewhat complicated these days; as my friend struggles with what he really wants and what keeps him from pursuing what he really wants.
________________________________________________________________

How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Andee     xoxo

4 comments:

Gemma Jones said...

I agree totally with your response to #4. Once a relationship is done it is done. With one exception as I described in my own #4 I have not maintained contact with any ex lover or boyfriend from my pre-marraige days.

R.A. Buckley Writer said...

Great answers to the questions this week. Interesting about question #4, I'm not close with any ex, but remain friendly with a few. Great job.

PaganPrincess said...

It's always rewarding to make a grown man squirm! :D Thanks for playing!

Jack and Jill said...

Great thoughts on jealousy. I do find that it is a waste of energy, effort, and emotion, but realize that for some it is inevitable. If someone finds my wife sexually attractive, I'm going to consider that an ego boost, as someone wants what I have; and I'm also likely to be turned on by their attention.

-Jack