April 2, 2012

TMI Blog Award Nomination

Hey everyone, got a little boost to the earlier today when one of my regular reads A Husband of Two Sexual Minds nominated me for a TMI Blog Award!

"The TMI Blog Award honors those blogs that discuss everything in detail and do it well. These bloggers aren’t afraid to discuss their most awkward, embarrassing and intimate experiences with honesty, humor and little to no filter."

The rules are:
  • Thank the person who presented you with the award.
  • Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
  • Share an awkward, embarrassing and intimate story in 250 words or less.
  • Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
  • Present the TMI Blog Award to 5-10 deserving blogs.Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
When I started my little rambling back in October 2010, I never thought it would be anything more than somewhere for me to share my thoughts, fantasies ... and those occasional things that I was still a little embarrassed to say to my husband face-to-face but knew he would read.

Since that time it has become a roadmap of my sexual adventure, and become an outlet to explore my desires even more.


And now, (almost) 250 words of awkwardness, embarrassment or intimacy … hmm.

This one goes way back to the early days of my relationship with my husband; we were just dating at the time. We had only really begun to share the sexual fantasies and thoughts that we each had, and it was all new ground at the time.

One evening, when we were really getting into some heated foreplay, I asked him to aggressively hold me down and take me forcefully. I think at the time I had said “pretend to rape me.” Which, when you learn a little about female fantasies, you’ll see that being dominated is quite common. I wasn’t actually asking to be forced to do things against my will, because I was already a willing participant.

However, my darling lover at the time wasn’t mentally there with me yet. I knew what I meant, but it kind of freaked him out a bit. As a result, the heat of the moment faded into an awkward evening of trying to talk through the fantasy in my head, and why it wasn’t something that crossed the lines of being playful in a sexual way. I just didn’t explain it in a way he would see as such, given the early stage of our relationship.

Needless to say, I was very embarrassed and it took a long time before I felt comfortable being that open with my fantasies.

My nominees for the TMI Blog Award would be:

Hands In My Pants: H has become one of my favourites for his continual support of my own blogging, but also his humour and random dick shots are always a nice distraction!
Sex In Words: Jon was first responsible for getting me a nice plug on Sexlife Canada, but what I absolutely love about his new blogging is the regular Sex News updates.
Erotic Adventures: I love Gemma's writings, and absolutely feel in love with the idea I learned from her for TFIF.
The Pleasure Principle: "Sensual thoughts from a hedonistic smart chick." I can't really describe her work any better than that.
The Late Phoenix: An intriguing look into the soul of a man; deep, vulnerable and tortured.

But by no means is that really the complete list. There are so many wonderful people sharing their thoughts, desires and adventures on here. There are some that I thoroughly enjoy, but have been nominated by others - which is what makes this community great, all the support we show for each other's work. 
Andee     xoxo

5 comments:

Jack and Jill said...

Congratulations on the award! Your nominees are a very deserving bunch!

the late phoenix said...

oh, thank you so much, i really appreciate this. you've made my month! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the TMI Blog nomination. I'm in great company as I see we enjoy some of the same blogs.

Keep up the fantastic work.

XoXoX
-Hedone

Gemma Jones said...

Thanks for the nomination. I am chuffed! My problem now is to find five deserving recipients as so many that I normally follow have already been nominated.

R.A. Buckley Writer said...

So glad you liked the nomination, and that story certainly would be rough I can imagine. Great job!