October 31, 2011

Sex | Quantity vs. Quality

I hope everyone is having an awesome start to their Halloween. I have to admit that this is one of my most favourites “holidays” of the year. As someone who believes strongly in the paranormal, I also enjoy the entertainment factor of everything spooky.

That said, I struggled a bit with today’s Miniskirt Monday. I tried to find something in the spirit of the day, so I hope you enjoy my offering. It's an older photo, but of course, if you want to see a whole collection of sexy skirts (and a lot less), please slip on over to my naughty secret and enjoy a little of what little I'm wearing.

This question is something that makes an appearance every now and then in my life, so I am taking today as my opportunity to revisit all the great thoughts and ideas around it.

Do you think the quality of sex or quantity of sex is more important? Why?

I’ll be honest, I believe the truth lay somewhere in between both. I think that frequent great sex is the secret to life…sex keeps us young and healthy. But I am also enough of a realist to understand that some days the libido struggles against the rest of the clutter in our minds and creates barriers to the perfect moment. And when that takes over, sometimes our minds and bodies just don't get into the moment as much.

That is the reality.

Given my own choice, I would take quality over quantity now that I have experienced a bit of what life has to offer.

Why? Because I have discovered the incredible joys of having a battery-operated boyfriend for those moments in between. And barring an available supply of the Energizer Bunnies, I learned a lot from the old jingle for the Yellow Pages and I let my fingers do the walking. So for me, if each moment of physical intimacy is mind-blowing...albeit seldom...at this point in life I could make it work.

BUT that is if I had no choice. Let's be honest, all of us would like to find the perfect balance between moments of delicious self-love and a good ol' fashioned, mattress-pounding conjugal screw!

Now, had this question been asked of me back when I was in my late teens and throughout my 20s, I would have really struggled with taking that perspective. I was much more into the pursuit of experience and I think I would have been more inclined to settle for a lot of bad sex just to keep getting some.
Andee     xoxo

4 comments:

H said...

First off I love miniskirt mondays, I love your stomach, I have to go now and beat this image of you out of my head........... ok thats better, I think a good mix of quality and quantity is the right mix.

Andee said...

Well, I always love hearing that my miniskirts create such a stir. Explains a lot when I wear them to work ;-)

miles said...

Wonderful costume. Tell us you wore it out to a party this All Hallow's Eve.

Andee said...

Not this year Miles. That pic from from a couple years back...but yes, the Spider Queen look has made a public appearance before ;-)
xoxo