March 5, 2013

TMI Tuesday | Giving It Up

There's a saying out there that rehab is for quitters...it used to make me giggle until I actually started working in the healthcare profession. My husband, on the other hand, likes to point out two distinct things about my personality – I'm extremely competitive, so quitting isn't in my nature; and, I'm a Taurus, and the rumour is that I can be a bit stubborn.

This week, TMI Tuesday challenges us to explore what are some of the sexual things we would give up, and what are those that we just couldn't live without.

1. What did you give up for lent?
I’m not really the kind of person that “gives up” something for lent. Instead, I use the shred of religious faith I have left in me to look at the religious season as a chance to do something to improve myself, such as using less profanity at work. I’m not sure that “sacrifice” is truly the best avenue – or the intent of lent; because as we all know, at the end of it all, we’ll just gorge on whatever it was we gave up – so, in essence, we haven’t learned a thing about ourselves.

2. What sexually could you never give up?
In big-picture terms, the emotional connection between my partner and I; from the purely physical angle, straight-up intercourse. Kinks may come and go over time, be explored and evolved to our tastes and quirks, but for me, I always want to still have that “boring missionary” sex so that I can maintain the emotional connection with my partner by having the opportunity to look into each others' eyes, kiss, feel the tenderness ... you get the idea.

3. What act would you like to do for 40 days and 40 nights?
Completely and utterly relax ...

But I suspect you were looking for a sexual answer to this question; which makes it kind of difficult to really say. Having intercourse for 40 days and 40 nights would most likely leave me with calluses in places I'd rather not have them. In addition, I’m sure after even the shortest period of time, the friction burn would take away any pleasure I was experiencing. Same with receiving any stimulation, such as oral ... and giving it for 40&40 is most likely going to leave me with jaw muscles like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s massive biceps when he was on steroids.

So, from an intimacy perspective – invest the time in letting my mind and body relax and my sexual spirit rejuvenate so that the following 40 weeks would be an unbelievable mind-blowing sweaty adventure!

4. What sexual sacrifice have you made? Why?
It’s not an intentional sacrifice, but a result of a life-changing event – my ability to orgasm strictly through vaginal sex. After I had my children, my body – and more specifically, my vagina – were forever changed by the process. Ever since that time, the only way I am able to orgasm is through direct stimulation. Although, on the up side, I have become quite a connoisseur of sex toys and things that vibrate!

5. Have you ever been tied to a cross or anything else?
The bed, a chair and once, I do believe, to a table – all for sexual purposes. Mostly the bed...and there's video.

6. What part of your body do you like worshiped?
My mind ...

7. What can your partner do to you that makes you feel true bliss?
I’m already lucky that this is a big part of my life right now away – but the fact that he invests so much thought and consideration into the things that are important to me; that he places me on a pedestal; and, works hard to keep my self-esteem and sexual curiosity very high.

BONUS: Tell us about a time you were tempted. Did you give in or resist?
There was this time not long ago when someone brought a whole tray of chocolately goodness to work ... trust me, resisting that kind of temptation is way more difficult than anything sexual.

But on a sexual note ...
Andee     xoxo

1 comment:

AtiyaLuv said...

#1 i had to check other blogs to actually answer this question ..Great answer Andee

#3 now, why didn't I think of that? Love that~!

Thank you for sharing!!
Happy TMI!!

Aluv