March 12, 2013

TMI Tuesday | Busted ... for Wearing That

The one thing I can say about me and fashion is that if it wasn't for my husband, there wouldn't be any sense. I owe so much of my style to his commitment to introducing me to new ideas and forcing me out of my comfort zone and sweat pants. So for anyone who enjoys those miniskirt pics each Monday, you owe him your gratitude.

This week's TMI Tuesday comes from my super sexy online Australian friend Swinging Gemma ...

1. What is the most revealing thing you have ever worn in public?
There's two versions of what "public" could mean, so I have opted to include a photo of my most revealing outfit that I have worn in public-public. I initially got this dress for a friend's wedding - where I knew a few of my ex-boyfriends from high school would also be, so there was a healthy dose of "in your face." Although these days it seems almost sensible compared to what young women are wearing to the clubs, for the small town I grew up in, it was damn shocking and I loved every minute. Plus it shows an awful lot of leg, and if you're at the right angle, an awful lot of this week's laundry - provided I wear panties with it! 

And just to paint a little mental image, I have worn this other little outfit that had a sheer white top and a super short miniskirt with stiletto heels ... and that's all. But that was for a particular "double date" with my hubby and a couple we had met when we were dabbling with some interest in the "lifestyle."

2. Have you ever unwittingly shown more than you intended in public due to a wardrobe malfunction?
Actually, no ... but I have played "oops" with a hidden agenda ;-)

3. Are you more likely to arrive at an event over- or under-dressed?
Over ... my hubby would never allow under-dressed, unless it meant less fabric.

4. Tell us about a time when you have arrived at a venue and immediately wished you could leave because you were dressed completely inappropriately?
In all honesty, I don't think this has happened to me. If you show up a little too snappy, then people will take note; any negative comments are just jealousy. Although I have probably shown up to the beach wearing more than some would like!

5. What is the one thing that a lover/man/woman wears that you love with a passion?
His cologne - Swiss Army - love it.

6. What is the one thing that a lover/man/woman wears that you hate with a passion?
Sweats and high-cut sneakers together; or those dumb shorts that don't know if they are too short pants or too long shorts. Oh, and socks with any kind of sandals.

BONUS: You and your friend are going to a special event and you know that he/she has spent a lot of time and possibly money on their outfit and are very excited about what they have created. They refuse to show you their outfit until you are both ready to leave for the event and you find that they look awful. What do you do?
Take comfort in the fact that they'll just make me look that much more smashing! Actually, I'm not that vain; but to be truthful, I'm also not one to say much other than try to drop a subtle hint - unless it's the outfit from Question #6, then there would be no departure until they have changed. I'd rather be fashionably late than fashionably ridiculous.
Andee     xoxo

1 comment:

Gemma Jones said...

Your answer to #2 reminded me of a dress I wore to my brother's wedding that I had completely forgotten about!. Compared to what I wear these days it was relatively conservative. The neckline was rather low and my mother was horrified. My husband loved it and so I wore it.