February 1, 2013

Fantasies | Fighting The Good Fight

After I posted my blog yesterday about the need to maintain your own creative control on your fantasies, someone suggested I read this blog about the Top Nine Female Sexual Fantasies. I was skeptical, to say the least, because I had just been ranting about how we have these societal pressures pushing against us to say what is right and wrong when it comes to sexual fantasies.

Naturally, my curiosity led to me the article - which, despite its title, was worth the read. Not so much for the list of fantasies, but for the comments made by two well-known American talk show hosts to the author of the blog, and a book she had written entitled How To Get Your Wife To Have Sex With You.

During the interview with Dr. Logan Levkoff, Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb insinuated that women who fantasize must be "sluts."

Naturally, the good doctor was mortified by the reaction, but maintained composure to discuss the topic in a responsible manner and not get drawn into the nonsense perpetrated by these two.

My own reaction, of course, was different. It suddenly made sense as to why Kathy Lee's husband was so easily led astray back in 1997. His wife is a frigid bitch with no imagination. I was pissed off that this kind of attitude still exists in our modern society - even more so from people supposedly responsible enough to be on television.

Oh wait ... I forgot what garbage gets on network television these days.

Anyone with any sense at all recognizes that fantasies are nothing more than fuel for a healthy imagination and a kick starter for the libido. Because we get lost in thought over something sexual doesn't mean we are going to run off and engage in some sort of risky behaviour. It remains a point of frustration for me when I hear that people believe sexual fantasies are deep, dark perversions that need to be exorcised from us.

But then, outside of Rush Limbaugh, I doubt that Kathy Lee or Hoda rank high on anyone's list of fantasy objects.

The importance in having fantasies is to keep the imagination engaged and alive. Your fantasies don't have to match mine, nor do they need to be anything obscure and involve an ice cream truck and exactly 69 feet of silk rope. No, they simply need to have a life in your mind, and occasionally get brought out for some fun.
Andee     xoxo

1 comment:

AtiyaLuv said...

lmao at the comment you made "his wife is a frigid bitch with no imagination"

it is true, and agree with you about fantasies fueling for a healthy imagination.
I honestly believe although one may be a good girl out of the house, within the 4 walls of the home a wife should be sensual, erotic, and slutty to her hubby/partner/mate.
and fantasies are healthy!!

Thanks for the post!
Aluv