TMI Tuesday was focusing on the idea of opinions and polls, I figured I would chime in with some of my own thoughts.
In many polls, you are asked if you strongly agree, somewhat agree, neither agree nor disagree, somewhat disagree or strongly disagree with some proposition. Today, we go the other way. We supply the answer, you supply the question.
1. Tell us something with which you strongly agree, or greatly like.Communication is the key to a successful marriage. I have used this as the underline in almost everything I have shared on here about how my sexual adventure got off the ground, and developed into some of the most incredible and erotic experiences I could ever imagine. Because I have been able to communicate openly with my partner, I've had a number of great fantasies become realities and discovered that there is some much of what I want that I can have without it having to be a secret. Playing together is so much more fun that the fear of playing and getting caught.
2. Tell us something with which you somewhat agree, or somewhat like.Flirting with other people can be a healthy element to a relationship. Far too many experts suggest that flirting is a dangerous habit, especially when you are involved in a committed relationship, but what I think is completely opposite. What is more dangerous is the habit of keeping secrets.
3. Tell us something to which you are indifferent, or have no opinion.Tofu ... although by making a comment, I suppose that would suggest I have an actual opinion on it.
4. Tell us something with which you somewhat dislike or disagree with.Although I don't live in the United States, I disagree with the growing religious influence in politics. I understand why some Americans find it important to keep a connection between the two - especially with the modern fear of the Islamification of western society - but I also fear that people overlook the fact that there are radicals in all religions, including Christianity. And while these fears are generally about civil rights and preserving a way of life, eventually the influence will grow to clamp down on our sexual rights.
5. Tell us something with which you strongly disagree, or greatly dislike.That homosexuality is a choice. It's not that I am a particular advocate for homosexuality - in fact, I find it particularly offensive when my city is overtaken for the annual Pride Day celebrations because I think events like this are more about overt activism and politicizing the issue versus advancing people's understanding of other people's lifestyles. That said, when I have to endure conversations with the narrow minded who suggest that people intentionally choose to be gay, I have to roll my eyes and look for someone I can debate the benefit of tofu with.
Bonus: What is an opinion held by others that makes you angry?That women need a "man" in their lives. As in the comment: "Do you need a man to help you with that?" No, what I need a big ol' crochet hook to shove up his ass to fish out that chauvinist pig attitude.
I have a partner, who happens to be a male, but by no means is he a stereotypical "man." Because he breaks the mold and does not behave like the stereotype society suggests he should, he is a very happy and sexually rewarded husband. The idea that women are the weaker sex and can't do certain things for themselves makes me cringe. And people who continually cling to the idea that we "need a man" just piss me off.