September 19, 2011

Desire | Trapped In My Comfort Zone

One of the things I find myself needing to do a bit more is stepping out of my comfort zone. Lately I have been thinking about where my sexual adventure has been going, and while I have made great leaps this past year, I find that there is still so much more I want.

Most recently I have challenged my own fears just a bit with, as you have read, letting someone I know and see in my offline life into my online life. Beyond family and a few very close friends, this was the first time I had done that … and I found it exceptionally exciting, exhilarating and frightening all at once.

But I guess that is a good thing though. It helped me recognize that there is a huge desire within me to explore even bigger ideas, fantasies and experiences. And desire, whether it is just a thought in the back of my mind or an obvious out-there-for-everyone-to-see quality, is a healthy emotion.

Some people may suggest that it can be a dangerous thing, and I would have to agree to a certain point. For me, these explorations teeter on the edge of what may be a healthy relationship and an outright twist to the left of sexual perversion.

Well, maybe not quite that extreme … I know my fantasies and desires are shared by many, and relatively safe in a physical sense.

But without a sense of desire, where do our relationships sit? Even though I have been with the same person for over 20 years now, there is still a huge element of desire in our sexual explorations together. As we grow even more intimate (yes, that is possible even after 20 years), the boundaries expand, the intrigue grows and fantasies flourish. And, as we all know, it is that sense of desire that leads us to a whole world of experience - and not just in the bedroom.

What seems to counter that is the dreaded comfort zone I mentioned.
Andee     xoxo

No comments: