July 14, 2011

Hosiery | Why You Should Love Kate

I think anyone who has spent some time chatting with me online pretty much knows that I am not a big pantyhose girl. Never really got into them, and when I have they feel awkward. As an adult, I have dabbled with the less sausage-casing-like thigh highs, and most recently, traditional stockings and garters.

But if you have been following any of the Royal tour in North America these days, you guys should be fawning over the newest member of the House of Windsor.

Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, has revived a trend that was popular in the late 1970s and '80s: sheer pantyhose. For the past few weeks she has been setting the headlines on fire with her stunning style and designer choices.

Of course, some may argue that the trend never really disappeared, but trust me, in the city right now you are more likely to see a woman in a nice business suit wearing flip-flops. I love my flip flops, but I would never consider wearing them in a business setting. That said, my workplace has a policy that requires closed toe and heel footwear, due to numerous safety hazards.

"Already, the trend has caught on in the UK, with a significant spike in nude hosiery sales since Kate's made them part of her dressing routine, according to the Daily Mail" or so says a recent news story on the subject. 

And I will admit ... she's got 'legs!'

Andee     xoxo
 

No comments: